Thursday, May 31, 2012

Twenty 2


Storytime!

Where I occasionally go out for a good meal, it is even more rare that I treat myself to a drink.  I went out to the little bar poolside at the Shiretown Inn in Houlton.  They have the indoor pool, a little bar, and a pool table.

It is there I was introduced to Twenty 2.  Twenty 2 is distilled in Houlton, and my bartender was very proud of this fact.  I had it with cranberry juice, and was so impressed with the combo I had to have some straight on the rocks to confirm my thoughts. 

Well she should be proud of the hometown advantage.  This is a very clean vodka.  Their website speaks of their goal of a neutral vodka.  They succeed nicely.  It is like drinking water with an alcohol burn. 

The website also talks about it being a blank canvas.  I would want to pair this with concentrated flavors--to minimize dilution.  My favorite way to drink this is straight on the rocks.

With a vodka like this, you can understand why people would drink straight vodka.

So I raise a glass to Twenty 2. 

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment