Wednesday, January 11, 2012

About My Banner


I spent yesterday really getting my blogsite looking like I want it to.  Many thanks to Blogger for making this very easy.  I have placed the image I used for my banner here so this blogpost will still be relevant if I decide to change things up at a later date. 

This picture was taken in Houlton, Maine.  Houlton is the county seat of Aroostook County.  Simply known as "the County" to the locals, this county is the largest county in the state.  Houlton is also a border town.  Woodstock, New Brunswick is on the other side of the border crossing here. 

So where is this exactly?  This is the Shiretown Inn.  Currently, there is no restaurant on the premises, but it is a very nice place to stay.  Governors, a small chain of restaurants in the state, used to have a restaurant here.  Then Elm Tree Diner had a presence here after a fire damaged its main restaurant.  They ran both for a while after they got their original location repaired.  The currently empty restaurant location is located right behind the car in the foreground. 

That car in the foreground is my 2005 Scion XB.  It serves me well.  I like its van-like feel and its good gas milege.  Gas tends to be more expensive near the Canadian border, so I like the fact that 10 gallons of gas goes a long way.

Currently, I call my car Little Tank.  Studded tires makes this car handle well in snow and ice. 

But I much prefer avoiding the snow and ice altogether, if possible.  So it is off to Fort Kent for me a day early as they are predicting a massive storm system to come up from the south tomorrow when I planned to travel. 

I will collect some pictures along the way to aid me in my blogging.  I am looking forward to share my stories and adventures with the World Wide Web.  There are so many of them to share, I can hardly contain myself.

So I guess it is time to think of a standard way to end my blog.  I was thinking of "until next time" which is what I say when I leave a location because I am never sure when I will be back.  But I think I will use the phrase used in The Prisoner, a trippy television series from the sixties.  The Prisoner is still a favorite of mine.  I think this phrase sums up the good will I would want followers to have with me.

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment