Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Where to begin


I thought I would kick things off with a magical picture of snowfall in Fort Kent, Maine.  It was a full moon that night, but it looks a lot like the snow reflected off the lights on the porch. 

I am a flatlander (a person not from Maine) who moved from Connecticut in 1995.  My work has me travel around Central and Northern Maine.  So I have been kicking around the idea of showing people the "other" Maine.  That is the majority of the state, not Portland, not the coast. 

This would give me incentive to further appreciate the state I call home.  Who knows?  If I can give people incentive to travel to this great state, or people who live here to take a little more time and see what I see, I would say I have done a good thing.

 So here is to my initial blog.  I hope I can show you the cool things I love about Maine.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Flatlanders were those who aren't from Vermont. And what do people in New Hampshire call those from elsewhere?

    Keep it up, I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete