Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Blessed Cookie






I am taking a break from my drive because my husband brought home another treat from Bangor.  He bought cookies from the Friars Bakehouse.  As the name suggests, Franciscan Friars run this gem downtown.  They bake all sorts of goods: breads, scones, cookies.  Once Lent starts, you can get excellent hot cross buns.  They use dried, not candied, fruit, and it makes a world of difference.

But there is more.  They make a nice lunch.  I love walking in when they are making Minestrone.  The whole place smells of vegetables and Italian herbs.  You can buy and eat a hearty bowl of soup that warms the soul. 

Speaking of soul food, there is a chapel onsite.  It truly can feed you body and soul.

I love the Franciscans and what they stand for.  I was really glad my husband gave them some business today.  And I was glad my five year old granddaughter got to see the Friars.  I don't think she was sure what to make of them, but that is okay. 

At least she was exposed to the humble order.

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment