Sunday, February 19, 2012

More About Buttons: Using Blogger

I made a second, nicer button.  This is the image.



But it got me to thinking.  The grab my button tutorial on Manic Mother which I will relink here, uses Photobucket to store your images.  I wanted a way to do this without using Photobucket. 

My solution: use my Blogger Pages.  I don't plan to use my pages.  Why not make a page to store my images?  This way, they are accessible, and I know exactly where they are.

There is a drawback to this.  But I do have a possible solution.

Let's get to it, shall we?

Step One: Create a page.


In the left hand column under "Posts" is "Pages."  I opened the page.  You can create a new page here.  My newer page is called "Pics."

This is where the drawback comes in.  If you show your pages, you will show this image page, too.  I put my pages as "don't show," so this is not an issue for me.  You need people to access the image.  They don't need to access the whole page. 

Step Two: Place your image.


Open a new page, and a familiar page comes up.  Place your image here.  You see my two button images on my page.


The square next to "Link" is your image placement button.  If you haven't added images to your blog, this is easy and fun.  If you have, you are well familiar with this button.

Step Three and Four:  Copy Link Location and Save.

I put these two together because they can go in either order.  Once the image is placed, you can get a link location.

But please, people, save your work.  Just a friendly reminder.

If you right click your image, a drop down box appears.


Click "Copy Link Location" and the direct URL will copy to your clipboard.  You can do this in edit mode or on the actual page.  That way you can get it when you are ready.  Just go to "Pages" page and view your page.  It is a long link, so you want to use your clipboard.

See, you are good to go.  And you did not need a Photobucket account.

So, about that drawback.  You show your pages but you really want to do this without showing your storage place.  You just need to manually link your pages. 

You could even make buttons to do this, and add the HTML to your gadgets.

But that is way past my skill level to teach.   Hope this tutorial helps.

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment