Saturday, February 18, 2012

Idle Hands . . .

. . . are the devil's playground. 

Okay, okay, I get it.  But where I had time this week, I wanted to make a button. 

This is the image. 


The picture is from Market Square in Houlton.  It was part of this post here.

I used the photo editing software that came with my camera to make the image. I shrunk the image (standard buttons are no bigger than 125 x 125 pixels.  Mine is 124 x 70) then added the text.  It looks much better in its intended size. 

After looking at some online HTML tutorials, I was able to make my "Grab my Button" box.  The tutorial on Manic Mother was the most helpful at setting this up once I had my image.  You can see that tutorial here.  I used Ironspider.ca to understand creating and inserting images as hyperlinks.  You can access that here.  I would rather link these sites than reinvent the wheel.  They were very helpful to me. 

So grab my button, if you like.  Or create your own.  I only have some basic HTML skills.  If I can do it, so can you.

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment