Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Drive: Houlton to Bridgewater

I get off I-95 in Houlton, the County seat.  Route One in Houlton looks more like Route One in other parts of the country.  It is lined with businesses.  Not as built up as in Southern Connecticut where I grew up, but in this part of the country it is a lot.

It doesn't take very long before it starts to look very different.


More homes, more farmland.


There are still businesses.  They are just more spaced out.


When it is the growing season, you can get fresh produce from roadside vegetable stands.


You meander along through smaller towns.  In good weather, at times you can see for miles.


I will leave you today just shy of Mars Hill in a very open space of land.

It sure beats wall to wall shopping mall.

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment